In this post about our Flickr project, I'd like to get mushy and focus on what brings us together as MLIS online students (why yes, I have had a brandy alexander in celebration of Obama's early lead).
In the scils598f08 group, it seems that family, home, and pets are important to all of us. Nearly everyone posted at least one picture from one of these categories. Personally, I posted a picture of my "second home" in VT (the home of close family friends), and a picture of my darling cat. It was nice to see that family and home are important across the board. I also think it's kind of funny how nearly none of us posted pictures of ourselves, but we've gladly posted pictures of our children/pets/homes.
In the ed experience group, there were lots of computers, books, and modes of transportation. It seems like there is a mix of strictly online and on-campus/online students in the class. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who spends nearly as much time getting to class as I am in class. There were also some good pictures of distractions, including various drinks, pets, and toys. It's nice to see that even though we work hard, we can play hard, too.
Overall, seeing these pictures made me feel a better connection with my online classmates, only a few of whom I've met before in person, in other classes. The project was a good introduction to Flickr, which I've never used before, and also a good introduction to our classmates.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment